- Ask learners if they can guess what a soluble substance is.
Answer: A soluble substance will form a solution when it is mixed with water.
- Ask learners to give examples of soluble
Answers could include: sugar, salt, etc.
- Are the learners able to guess what an insoluble substance is?
Answer: It is a substance that does not form a solution when mixed with water.
- Ask learners to give examples of insoluble
Answers could include: sand, mealie meal, curry powder, custard powder, etc.
- Present an overview of key terms used when talking about soluble substances by using PRESENTATION 2: Soluble substances.