Duration: 1½ Weeks / 5¼ hours
NS CAPS, Page 15 and 49
After the completion of Topic 3 the learners will be able to:
- explain what a balanced diet is
- describe that a balanced diet includes consumption of sufficient quantities of food from all four nutrient groups
- explain that a balanced diet includes consumption of water and fibre
- evaluate a given diet to determine if it contains food from all nutrient groups
- identify diseases that could be diet related.
Content and Concepts: Please select a sub-category below.