Potential and Kinetic Energy
Duration: 2 Weeks / 6 Hours
NS CAPS, Page 13 and 26
After the completion of Topic 2 the learners will be able to:
- Compare potential and kinetic energy.
- Explain how energy is transferred from an elastic band
- Identify the nutritional information of energy content in different foods.
- Name objects that have potential / kinetic energy.
- Study, analyse and record flow diagrams of various energy transfer systems:
- Different systems (mechanical; thermal; electrical; biological).
- Compare the features.
- Observe the effect of input energy; transfer of energy and the output energy.
- Record observations.
- Know that energy is measured in joules (J).
- Describe the Law of Conservation of Energy.
- Name four energy systems.
Content and Concepts: Please select a sub-category below.