- Ask learners if they have any ideas on how we could be safe around fires in the home and how we can prevent a fire, such as a lit candle, from causing a huge fire and burning down our house.
- The teacher can add to the learners’ responses.
- Before the teacher shows Presentation 4 he/she can explain the safety rules when handling an electric kettle [or any other electric equipment].
- Show Video Clip 4 (11:30 minutes).
The video provides guidelines for fire safety.
- Ask the learners to share their ideas on how to prevent fires. This may include the information in Fact Sheet 2.