- Ask the following questions:
- What does a fire need to burn?
Answer: oxygen, fuel, source of energy
- What did we need for the candle to burn in this experiment?
Answer: Air (oxygen) to support the burning
- Fuel (candle wax).
- Source of energy (burning match or lighter):
- How much of the air that are around us consists of :
|GAS FOUND IN THE AIR||ANSWERS IN %|
- Inform the learners that they will first watch a video clip about burning substances before they go to a demarcated section on the school ground to do an experiment.
- They are reminded to take note of the different substances and its effects.
- They are also informed that the burning would stop once the fuel or the oxygen has been removed.
- Introduce the Fire Triangle which requires all three sides of the triangle for combustion: Fuel; Oxygen and Heat.