- Tell the learners that so far we have learnt how the different types of food can help our bodies. We also learnt about additives that are not healthy for our bodies.
- Ask learners: Is it healthy to eat only white bread? Give a reason for your answer.
- Explain that now that we know more about food groups, we can make sure that we eat healthy. We need to have a balanced diet, which means we need to include food from all four food groups in our meals.
- Tell learners that we will learn more about a healthy diet in the next topic.
- Ask learners what nutrients are contained in meat.
Examples: Protein and iron.
- Ask learners: What is special (different) about vegetarians?
Answer: A vegetarian is someone who does not eat meat.
- Ask them to suggest foods that a vegetarian can eat to replace the protein and iron one would find in red meat.
Examples: Lentils, nuts, cheese, etc.