- Have large pictures of the:
Sun; green plant with roots and green leaves.
- Have the following words written on large pieces of cardboard:
Light energy, carbon dioxide, oxygen, soil and water.
- Select 8 learners (or ask for volunteers) to participate in this activity.
- Provide each learner with a picture or word poster.
Ask the learners to role play the sun; the light energy, the plant with green leaves and roots; carbon dioxide, oxygen, soil and water as you explain the process of photosynthesis.
The plant uses carbon dioxide from the air, energy from sunlight and water (and mineral salts) from the soil to make food.
This process (Photosynthesis) takes place in the green leaves of the plant and makes (produces) oxygen that goes back into the air.
- Now give more groups of learners an opportunity to act out the process and let the rest of the learners provide comments and / or correct the “actors” if they make a mistake.