- Hint: Plan a visit to a processing factory – e.g. the Hinterveld factory tour (PE Wool & Mohair) or visit a clay potter (NMMU Art Department).
- Ask learners to explain what processing is and give examples of processed materials.
Blanket, pot, cement, plastic, glass, paint.
- Show learners some processed products e.g. traditional clay pots, woven baskets, plastic bottles, wool, tin cans, etc.
- Ask learners how they think the objects started out.
Clay pots fro clay; baskets from plants; plastic from oil; cans from aluminium or tin; wool from sheep, etc.
- Show and Explain Presentation 1.
- Worksheet A is designed to help learners understand that processed goods can be useful.
- Hand out Worksheet A and ask learners to complete it.