- Inform the learners that they had learnt a lot about the different bones.
- Now they will learn that movement for the animals are made possible by using their joints, muscles and bones.
- Revise :
- skeletons → support and shape → animals’ bodies.
- skeletons → protect → fragile body tissues and internal organs (brain; eyes; lungs; heart; kidneys and spinal cord).
Explain: if the learners mention that it is protected by the skeleton:
- skull (cranium) protects the brain and eyes.
- the ribs protect the heart, kidneys and lungs.
- the vertebrae (spine, backbones) protect the spinal cord.
- Show Presentation 3.