Sources of Energy
Duration: 1 Weeks / 3 Hours
NS CAPS, Page 13 and 26
After the completion of Topic 1 the learners will be able to:
- Know the difference between renewable and non-renewable sources of energy.
- List examples of renewable and non-renewable energy source.
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of renewable and non-renewable sources of energy.
- Describe the natural process called the greenhouse effect.
- Explain how:
- Electricity is generated in a nuclear power station
- Biofuel is produced and used.
- Fossil fuels and Hydropower can be used as an energy source.
- Solar energy can be used and stored.
- Energy can be sourced from the wind.
Content and Concepts: Please select a sub-category below.